BORRA CAVES

 One of the largest in the country the Borra Caves or the Borra Guhalu is located in the Ananthagiri hills of the splendid Araku Valley. Like other incredible travel destinations in India, this is a must-visit for all those who plan a visit to Vishakhapatnam and has Araku in their bucket list. These limestone caves are believed to a million years old. There are several legends associated with these caves.

I visited these caves when I was in Araku for two days. There is a temple inside the cave. The best part I feel is exploring the inside of the cave. It was a different kind of experience climbing all the stairs to pray in the temple located at a height. There was complete darkness when I reached the top of the temple except for the earthen lamp lit before the deity. As I climbed down I tried to be a bit careful. It took quite a long time to explore the inside of the cave. There were several other visitors we met with whom we clicked pictures. It was nice when we came out. The ambiance outside was completely different from the one we experienced inside. We had some fresh coconut juice and I tried to explore the souvenir shop nearby just in case I get something to bring back home. There are many small shops nearby. After clicking some photos we decided to visit our next destination Coffee Museum.

The road journey to the Borra Caves is very beautiful. You get to experience the beauty of the virgin woods. The viridity of the landscapes is quite appealing to all those who wish to spend some time in the woods away from the hurly-burly of everyday life. Wayside I could see shopkeepers selling their forest products like jackfruit and coffee packets. Araku Valley is famous for its coffee gardens. On our return journey, we had the taste of jackfruit. I like this fruit, in my home state I have tasted this fruit several times. When in Araku try to taste this fruit. I liked it the most. Apart from jackfruit, you can also experience the taste of smoked bamboo chicken. It will never fail to disappoint you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE