THE BLOOMS OF MY LAWN

The well-maintained lawn in my institute Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar is very close to my heart. The tamarind tree which had lost half of its branches in the extremely severe cyclonic storm Fani that ravaged many parts of Odisha in the year 2019, has been my company ever since I joined the institute. Early in the morning, I would walk all the way to sit on the bench under the tamarind tree. Often do I see the suspicious eyes of the gardener following my trails. Little did he know how much I love flowers. Sometimes I enjoy the butterflies fluttering amidst the sunflowers. At other two Graphium Agamenon would dance in the breeze. Sometimes I get to hear the buzzing sound of the honey bees humming around. At other a little one would run all the way from Demonstration Multipurpose School to meet me.

Ruskin Bond my favorite writer from the Hills writes

                                                      'Loneliness can be imposed on us,
                                                   but solitude is something we must seek.'


The blooms of lawn have been my company in times of strife and in happy moments as well. Each one of us should try to create our own secret spaces not to hide from the world around but to be just ourselves, to create a better version of ourselves. In the hurly-burly of everyday life often do we lose ourselves to the chaos around. I have created my own secret space. Have you found out yours?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE