THE MAGIC OF THE LOST TEMPLE

 Of the several books written by Sudha Murty, this is something that is one of my personal favorites. I was irritated at one point in time on the number of visits that I had to make to the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences. There was deep pain within. The continuous hammering of my teeth, the bloodstains and that heart-wrenching pain, the tears, and the long way from our institute to Patia. I am thankful to my friends Annie, Nibi, and Suman for this. They were patient. What more, Nibi even took complete care of me, preparing khichdi. She's a great cook I must say having great cooking skills. Whenever I feel like I need a break I generally visit the library and pick up a book that suits my mood and cravings. Sometimes it's the Gitanjali, at other times Jagannath Mohanty's book of poems. Then came this book through online shopping. One fine day I decided to open it and then I  couldn't stop unless it was over fully. It is the story of a little girl and her stay with her great parents and the adventures she had. So wonderfully written it has some hidden messages in it as well as the pages roll on. Nooni the main character of the story and her stay in her grandparent's home, their activities and her own made her experience rural life and let her carry back some fond memories on the way back to her parent's home. One of the best books I would say for children as well as for all of those who are a fan of this great writer. This book is all about childhood adventure, rustic landscapes, and friendships. Presented in a simple way understandable to all readers it centers around Nooni who goes to visit her grandparents as is called Ajja and Ajji. Things turn out to be very exciting when this little one comes across an ancient stepwell in the middle of a forest. It is thrilling and something you cannot stop unless you read it to the end. Most beautifully and lucidly written by one of India's most acclaimed and loved writers. If you are an avid reader without any second thoughts just go for it. It's an amazing read suitable for all ages.

                                                                         
         



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE