RAAS

 Krishna is divine. He is omnipresent. I have grown up reading about him. It was my father who first introduced me to the teachings of Bhagavat Gita. I remember being in my 10th class when we use to have prayers where father invited people to our home to discuss upon this great religious scripture.As the years rolled by I got to learn much about this character called Krishna.Spirituality is a journey. There is a difference between being religious and spiritual.I have aleways had this belief in the immense power of prayers. This lockdown period was not easy. There was a lot of emotional turmoil. Mama used to take me to the akhanda bhagavat path celebrations where I got to listen to the recitations of Bhagavat. It gives me immense satisfaction to see little girls dressed in Mekhala Sadar and accompanying their mother to the Naamghar. Being grown up in a village I had the advantage of being part of these events. I found it quite fancy to get decked up in mekhala chadar and take a chelleng wrapped around me and listen to these discouses.My own journey in the spiritual path has been through the books that I read, the discussions I had with my friends and the discourses I attended to with my parents. Time and again I use to return to my father to understand certain concepts and sit by his side and he had a lot of stories from the scriptures to share. As I look back to all these years I find it quite fulfilling.

As a child I remember accompanying my parents to Raas where I got to see the characters of Krishna and his dance with the gopis. As I  grew up I got to read the Kirtan written by Mahapurush Srimanta Sankardeva like different episodes of Krishna's life, episodes like sishu leela,raas kriya, etc. All of these episodes are full of the playfulness of the lord divine and his advice to make the most of the human life, be grateful and follow the spiritual path. I believe all of our life has a higher purpose which is more than the material existence. The mundane activities that we do make us rich but when we take to work upon our mind the orientations are different and we get to live a life of fulfillment.We understand the purpose of our life and that is why I feel time and again we should return to our scriptures laden with ancient wisdom. We get to understand ourselves and the reasons behind our existence as humans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE