IN THE LAND OF THE DAWN-LIT MOUNTAINS

 Arunachal is referred to as the land of the dawn-lit mountains. It is one of the beautiful states of northeast India. There are so many places to see around. I visited it during my Masters days. Some of the popular attractions include

1)Sela lake

2) Tawang Monastery

3) Tawang War memorial

4) Jaswant garh

5) Madhuri lake

6) Sela Pass

It was a trip of three days.My journey was from Tezpur.A journey spanning several hours brought me to my first stop at Dirang valley.This place is very beautiful.I stayed at Aao resort.It was very cold.The weather conditions were very different from that of Assam.I was super excited about this trip.From Dirang we visited several other places.When I reached Tawang it was night.Outside it was spine chilling cold.Very tired I went out to rest in my room.I was packed in clothes.We vsited a hotel for our diner and then returned quickly to sleep.The next morning we went to Madhuri lake and a beautiful waterfall where the famous song from a bollywood movie with starrer Sarukh Khan and Madhuri Dixit Tanhaye Tanhaye was shot one of the all time hits in Bollywood.We had some beautiful pictures and then returned.The next day we visited Tawang Monastery.This is one of the largest monastery in Asia and the second largest monastery in the world.History has that Dalai Lama resided here for some time escaping the Chinese during his visit to India.We sat there for sometime prayed.I feel it is a very good place for meditation.You get a big copy where you can write about your wishes.I remember writing down something.We visited Jaswant Garh on the last day of our trip.It is associated with the life of a soldier and is related to the India China war of 1962.We visited the Tawang war memorial and saw the Macmohan line as well.Visiting the Tawang war memorial it was evening.The sun  had already set and evening descended.The Tawang amphitheatre was one of the best part of this journey.We saw a short video of the war.At the end of the video I fould my eyes dewy.I collected several quotes on my way back to Assam.One of them read

When you get back home tell them that for their better tomorrow we gave our today.

Way side  I saw lot of bunkers.Indeed this place is very beautiful.When  I went down the Sela lake  I could walk so well but when I returned  I felt that I  was falling sort of breath and was finding it very difficult to walk to the top.When  I  reached one of the Indian army young personnel gave me a tablet.I knew not what it was but after that I felt quite good.It was an amazing experience having maggie in a canteen maintained by Indian soldiers and having pakora on our way back in a road side canteen.I saw the houses deep in the snow.In many of the places there is issue with internet connectivity as well.Yet it is the sheer dedication of the Indian army that they are ever ready to serve the motherland.I still wanted to visit so many places.It was an amazing  experience getting to visit this   beautiful state of northeast India.Praying in a temple near the sela lake I  thought if  I get an oportunity I  would visit this place again.The best part of the trip were  my friends from Tezpur University.It was altogether an amazing trip.The thupka I  had on the roadside the rhododendrons and the pine cones I  collected,the fruit I collected  in Aao resort -chiru and the early morning walk in Aao resort were the  best part of the journey.When I returned to Tezpur it was evening.We reached the campus at around 7 p.m.There was a slight shower when  I got out of my vehicle.We bade good bye to each other and tired fully returned to our hostels.I had planned to write about my experiences many times but had missed it out.Dear traveller friends you can plan an amazing trip to Tawang with your family and loved ones.This place will never fail to enthral you.Until next time stay safe and keep travelling!

Best time to visit tawang-The best time to visit Tawang is during February-March.You get to experience snowfall during these months.

How to visit Tawang-You can travel toTawang from the capital city of Assam,Guwahati.If you plan to visit from Tezpur you can book vehicles from Tezpur ASTC station.


Places to stay-There  are many good resorts for travellers in Tawang.

Places to see-If you plan to visit Tawang from Tezpur on your way you can stop at Tipi.There is a orchid centre with blooms from several places aound.

Things to buy in Tawang town-You can buy warm clothes,beautiful local paintings etc.

Things to carry-lots and lots of warm clothes,several pairs of shocks,umbrella,band aid,hot water bottles,a camera for some good clippings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE