Dandelion of my dreams

          A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
                      Its loveliness increases; it will never
             Pass into nothingness; but still 
will keep
               A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
              Full of sweet dreams, and health,
                 and quiet breathing.
                                                                                       
                                                                                               -John Keats





                 


                                                                 

Dandelion is a plant with yellow flowers often spotted in our lawn and open yards. On a sunny afternoon as I was walking in my lawn I spotted a beautiful Dandelion plant. Having the shape of a puffball I took up one in my hands. I tried blowing and the seeds got dispersed around my lawn. The beauty of this plant could not but leave me to note down certain lines about it in my journal.


In my lawn
Sits a little Dandelion
Fluffy as a cloud
Round as the sun
Soft as a Candyfloss
I wish to make a wish
I bring it to me
I blow and the seeds 
gets blown up
So beautiful 
is my Dandelion
The beauty of my dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE