FERRIS WHEEL

"Something that is loved is never lost".
                                                     Toni Morrison

A Ferris wheel is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating upright wheel with multiple passenger-carrying components. Since my childhood I have heard about something called Mina Bazaar where you get to buy candyfloss, parents bring children for rides, you get to buy bangles, and have the enjoyment of a lifetime. Every time I follow my Papa to this bazaar, I see children in small baskets taking the ride on Ferris wheel. I always wanted to be in one of the baskets yet I dared not. When my roommate Sasmita took me to one of them, she offered me a ride. At first, I refused. I had this fear in my mind, but then I thought "If everyone around me is giving a try, should I be an exception?".She brought two tickets for both of us and then I experienced one of the most amazing sights of Bhubaneswar city. I took several rounds of it. It's amazing the way it goes up and climbs down. As the wheel caught speed my heart thumped. I clutched her hands tightly and closed my eyes. Up we went and she asked, Pakhi, 'how are you feeling, shout whatever you want to, no one is listening to us'.After several rounds finally, when we got down I was relieved. Often in life, we fail to do certain things because of our inner fears, something that prevents us from achieving our goals. When we are willing to leave our comfort zone and confront our challenges it is then when we get to experience the beauty of life. Each one of us has our inner battles to fight but it is these small steps we take that lead us to our goals. As I read somewhere

"A ship is safe in  harbor, but that's not what ships are for".
                                                                        John A Shedd

Are you ready to experience your ride? Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE