BAMUNI HILLS

Bamuni hills is a popular tourist destination located in Tezpur, Assam. The sculptural ruins at the site date back to the 9th and 10th centuries. People from across the state of Assam visit this site to marvel at the beauty of the architectural ruins. The influence of the architectural ruins has been considered mainly to resemble the Gupta style of architecture. Numerous stone carvings depicted on the walls of the Bamuni hills speak much about the glory and brilliance associated with it.

During my long stay in Tezpur, I had several visits to the Bamuni Hills. After a hectic week of assignments and class tests,often do we plan out for a trip to the nearby places. From all of the places that I visited, Bamuni Hills is one of my favorites.Being interested in temple architecture whenever I visit this place I try to examine the stone pieces lying around. Each one is of different shapes and sizes. The beautiful environment of the Bamuni Hills never fails to mesmerize me. So many memories have been attached to it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE