Blue Umbrella and some kids

Hey Hey Re Neeli Aasamaani Chhatri
   
Chhatri ka udan khatola,dole to laage hindola
Chhatri ka udan khatola,dole to laage hindola


'The Blue Umbrella'  is a story written by my favouritre writer from the hills,one of India's most loved author Ruskin Bond.He has inspired me so much into writing.
While in Bhubaneswar,I got to attend a storytelling session on a Sunday in 2018.A group of children listening with their ears fixed to a storyteller. It was Sunday.Saturday and Sunday are the two days in the week which I like to keep all for myself. My friends often get irritated when I say 'No' to their request to go to the shopping malls or to any other place like  market building or exhibition ground. I like to have the weekend for myself. I keep the evenings to read some books, finish writing a story, listen to the speeches of my favorite authors. On one such Sunday, my roommate came to me and said, Di, let's go and attend a storytelling session. Never had I attended a storytelling session earlier. I was excited. I left her with a yes. When we reached our destination there were already some kids in the small room. I sat on the mat staring back at the eager eyes of the children around. Cute ones all accompanied by their parents. Then came a lady and gave us a warm welcome. She opened up her bag of stories taking us to the small village of Garhwal through the story of Blue Umbrella. This story is about a little girl Binya and her life in the hills. Characters like Ram Bharosa, Binya was the larger attractions that added to the beauty of the story which is a favorite of children and adults alike. That was the start. After that stories of Bond became a part of my life. I read many of his short stories. I let myself completely dissolve in the magical world of Bond. If you haven't read Bond you miss some of the magical moments of your childhood. Some of the best books written by the author are-Blue Umbrella, The Room on the Roof, A Flight of Pigeons, Cherry tree to name a few.


                                                                                        Image source: Google



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE