ANANTA VASUDEVA TEMPLE

Ananta Vasudev temple is a beautiful temple located in Old Town, Bhubaneswar. The presiding deity of the temple is Krishna. The temple has a temple kitchen. When I visited the temple one morning as part of Ekamra Walk I got to see the different activities of the temple. As I listened with eager ears to understand the temple architecture of the temple I could see people carrying baskets above their head with vegetables on them. The temple food is prepared by making use of different vegetables found locally like pumpkin and others. This is in keeping with the tradition associated with the temple. I could see small pots with vegetables on them waiting to be cooked to offer to the deity of the temple. The smoke emitted from the chulhas(traditional stove) spread smoke around.


Ananta Vasudeva Temple

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE