VARAHA LAKSHMI NARASIMHA TEMPLE

The Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha temple is located at Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The Hindu temple on Simhachalam hill is dedicated to Vishnu who is worshipped as Varaha Narasimha. When I visited Vishakhapatnam my first plan in my list of places to visit was this beautiful temple. When my cab took me to through the steps leading to the temple I was left with awe. From high atop I could see Vizag -the city of destiny with its splendid beaches. The beauty of the temple and the places around is breathtaking. Having a deep interest in Indian temple architecture something which I liked the most about the temple is its Gopuram. Gopuram or Gopura refers to a monumental tower at the entrance of the temple. This structure is seen in the temples of Southern India. 



 The tall Gopuram of the temple


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO VIZAG AND ARAKU

THE JOY OF READING

KONARK SUN TEMPLE